We are now accepting membership applications for the 2012/2013 membership year.
This year there are some changes:
- You can do it all online - no need to print out and post anything back to us
- You can pay by credit card - via PayPal
- We have simplified the membership options.
Here is a quick FAQ that we have compiled. If you still have a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What happened to the base club membership?
The committee has decided to roll the club membership and the Long Gully supporters membership all into one. This was done for two reasons:
- Based on feedback from members who were unsure about what base club membership entitled them to
- To simplify member management for our volunteers who look after this.
So we have rolled the two into one - easy! This year's membership is $10 cheaper than if you had a club and Long Gully supporter membership last year - deal!
What do I get for my membership?
Members of the Wellington MTB Club get many benefits:
- Reduced entry fees at Club organised events
- Receive our regular newsletters
- Affiliation to BikeNZ (required for race licence)
- Access to Freelap timing system
- Access to Long Gully trails
- The knowledge that they are supporting trail building throughout the Wellington Region - trail karma plus!
How long will it take to process my membership?
Once your payment is confirmed, your membership will be confirmed. If you pay by Credit Card this will happen straight away, if by Direct Credit this will take a few days.
There is then a manual step where we will send you out your tag, membership card, and car pass (if you have purchased one). This may take up to two weeks, but usually will be quicker than that. If you are concerned that you have not received your card, please contact us. Either at memberships @ wmtbc.org.nz or secretary @ wmtbc.org.nz
What happens if I am under 18?
The club still requires that your parent or guardian accepts the waiver. This means that if you are under 18, regardless of whether you plan to use the Long Gully tracks you will need to supply your parent/guardian's contact details. We will then call them to confirm that they accept the waiver on your behalf, once this is done we will approve your membership and send out your card and tags.
How long will my membership last?
The membership year runs until the 30th of June 2013. There are no prorata membership rates for part year membership.
Will my old log in still work?
Sadly no. We were not able to migrate all the old accounts to the new membership system. Members with existing site logins will need to sign up for new accounts on the site.