The annual Makara Enduro is back for its 7th year! This time, we're crushing the curve. More details coming soon. Head over to the Facebook event page for the latest.
We're proud to support the Makara Peak Supporters. Proceeds from the race go back to the Makara Peak Trails. We're also pleased to announce that for the first time, $5 per rider will go to the Wellington City Mission!
Makara Peak Supporters
Marleen Wholesalers (Maxxis & Raceface)
One Fat Bird
Men & Women - U10, U13, U16, U19, Open, M1, M2 & M3
Men & Women - e-bike (no age groups)
WMTBC or Revolve* members - $30
Non-members - $40
Under 13 years old - $25
If you aren't a WMTBC member already, CLICK HERE to join the Club and save on online registration.
*Revolve Club members - contact your club for a code to receive discounted race entry.
Online registration closes Friday 29 January, 9pm.
ON-THE-DAY PRICES $60
There may be limited on the day entries. Registering online is highly recommended to speed things up on the day and save on registration.WELLINGTON ENDURO SERIES
The Makara Enduro is part of the 2021 Wellington Enduro Series. Provided you're racing the Hard Course, points from this race will contribute to your overall WES ranking.
In the event of conditions that pose an unnecessary risk to competitors, the organisers will make a decision whether or not to run the event on the day advertised, and best efforts will be made to notify registrants as early as possible. If postponed, the backup day is Sunday 31 January. See refunds and cancellation policy below.
Head over to the Facebook event page.
Refunds & Cancellation Policy
In the event that you are no longer able to attend (and notify us by the Friday prior to the event) or the event is canceled due to bad weather or unforeseen circumstances – we are unable to provide refunds, so instead we will credit your WMTBC account. You can use the credit to pay for future events, WMTBC membership or as a donation to Wellington trails.
Event Terms & Conditions
1) I agree to wear a NZ Safety Standards approved helmet for the duration of any runs down the tracks.
2) I accept the risks inherent in mountain biking and will not hold the event organisers or landowner liable for any damages.
3) I am personally responsible for ensuring my bike is securely on the shuttle transport and will not hold the Wellington Mountain bike Club Inc liable to any damage.
4) If you need to stop on a trail, pull to the side and ensure both you and your bike are well off the trail.
5) If you injure yourself or come across an injured rider, if it is serious, you or another rider must notify one of the van drivers immediately.
6) I agree to abide by all rules set out by the Wellington Mountain Bike Club Inc.